Top staff from the Federal Reserve, CFPB, FDIC and OCC will address America’s banks during the American Bankers Association’s 35th annual Regulatory Compliance Conference June 22-24. The three-day conference will be held virtually for bankers across the country.
During the conference, which will bring together the banking industry’s leading compliance professionals, attendees will hear directly from ABA president and CEO Rob Nichols, senior federal regulators and the nation’s top compliance experts.
“This year’s Regulatory Compliance Conference offers regulatory and compliance professionals the opportunity to learn about the critical compliance issues facing our industry today,” said ABA President and CEO Rob Nichols. “The program also reflects the important national conversations we’ve had throughout the last year on promoting diversity, equity and inclusion and closing the racial economic gap. I encourage bankers nationwide to register and participate in this essential dialogue and the role compliance plays.”
The conference is the nation’s largest banking compliance conference and the only one of its kind because it’s designed by bankers for bankers. Sessions will cover issues ranging from consumer protection, lending compliance, technology and innovation, compliance risk management and more.
This year’s event also features virtual marketplace engagement opportunities including roundtable discussions on key issues.
The general sessions are open to the press and include:
- Opening Keynote: State of the Industry from Rob Nichols, ABA president and CEO;
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: A Roundtable Discussion;
- Where There is No Truth, There Can Be No Trust: Understanding Bias Risk in Data Management;
- The Future of Regulation: The Revolution is Here;
- Fireside Chat: Accessing Economic Opportunities and Closing the Racial Economic Gap featuring Jeannine Jacokes, CEO, Community Development Bankers Association; Eugene Ludwig, founder and CEO, Promontory MortgagePath LLC; and moderated by ABA Executive Vice President of Congressional Relations James Ballentine;
- Regulatory Roundtable featuring Eric S. Belsky, director of the division of consumer and community affairs, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; Leonard Chanin, deputy to the chairman for consumer protection and innovation, FDIC; Grovetta N. Gardineer, senior deputy comptroller for bank supervision policy, OCC, and Bryan Schneider, associate director of supervision, enforcement and fair lending, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau; and moderated by ABA Executive Vice President of Regulatory Compliance and Policy Ginny O’Neill;
- Closing Keynote: Patti Joyner, CRCM, president and founder, Financial Solutions for Growing Companies.
Recordings of general sessions will be available for registered press through the end of August.
Sessions at ABA Regulatory Compliance Conference qualify for ABA Certifications continuing education credits and six sessions qualify for CPE continuing education credits.
For information or to register, visit aba.com/RCC or call ABA’s Member Service Center at 1-800-BANKERS.
Note to editors: Complimentary registration is offered to news media. Press credentials are required. To pre-register, please contact Blair Bernstein at [email protected].
The American Bankers Association is the voice of the nation’s $22.5 trillion banking industry, which is composed of small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million people, safeguard $18 trillion in deposits and extend nearly $11 trillion in loans.